We are seeking applications for a Summer internship position at BlockMetrics. The successful candidate will be working closely with the CEO to drive acquisition of new customers.
BlockMetrics allows website publishers to respond to the growing problem of ad-blocking. By supporting publishers we aim to protect the free internet. You will be the voice of BlockMetrics, responsible for engaging in online conversations with customers as well as authoring new articles and industry reports. Your goal will be to inform as many thousands of publishers as possible about ad-blocking and our solution.
We are looking for someone who is passionate about technology and highly knowledgeable about the web and social media. An ability to write quickly and clearly on complex topics is essential. You must place a high value on effectively communicating ideas, and enjoy the challenge of absorbing other people’s viewpoints. We hope that you are curious, ambitious, entrepreneurial and able to think quickly on your feet.
You will be working closely with the CEO (Dr. Neil O’Connor), but will be expected to manage your own time and responsibilities. You must be self-driven and super-organised. Your ability to bring new ideas and unconventional solutions to the company will be greatly valued.
Things are moving quickly for BlockMetrics, with hundreds of website publishers signing up to use the service. If you enjoy working in a fast-paced environment with smart people who deeply care about making an impact through their work, then you’ll enjoy this job.
- Excellent writing skills
- Knowledgeable about technology (the web, Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn and other networks and fora)
- Self-motivated, organised and effective
- Driven to discover best practices in online communication
- Enjoys communication (both explaining and understanding)
- Aptitude with statistics is a bonus
- Any ability to program is a bonus
- Start: June 2013
- End: September 2013
- Location: Dawson Street, Dublin 2.
- Salary: €400 per week
Email the following to [email protected] before Wednesday 29th May:
- A short cover note highlighting why you are suitable for the position.
- Your CV/Resume. 2 pages max please.
- Some examples of your writing (e.g., college newspaper articles, academic papers, blog posts)